Wednesday, April 1, 2015

When the Shite Hits the Fan


As David Icke would say. What will you do? Is it going to hit the fan? I don't see how things can go on much longer as they are. When will it happen? Your guess is as good as mine. I suppose it's even possible that we will come through this in relatively good shape. But I'm not going to count on that. There are as many opinions about a crash as there are experts. And I'm not one. I rely on critical thinking and good old fashioned Midwestern common sense. I have a friend who won't even talk about any of the things I read and write about. She is just too scared to look at it. Maybe she's right. Just enjoy each day as it comes and don't worry about tomorrow. But I think you can do both things. Do the best you can to prepare for the worst, then enjoy each day as another blessing, hoping for the best.
There are things you can do to hedge your bets that you can survive many of the scenarios painted for us on the alternative news. And please remember that the alternative news sites have been infiltrated and put out disinfo as well as the real deal. Hone your discernment, trust your intuition and read but verify. Remember that as the consciousness rises, the more of us there are to affect any time line we are on. We create our own reality and enough of us can change the world. In the meantime there are some common sense things you can do to protect yourself and your loved ones.
If you live in or very close to a large city, I would consider relocating to a more rural area. When the economy crashes and the government can no longer prop up the behemoth medical system, financial system, including food stamps and perhaps, the infrastructure, food, medicine and other necessities will either not be available or will be priced way beyond the average person's ability to buy it. If you think the gangs are bad in big cities now, that situation will be on steroids at that time. I would not want to be anywhere near a large city when TSHTF.
If it is at all possible move now. If there is no way you can do that, get to know your neighbors and come up with a survival plan. Have a place for food and water storage that your group can share and be prepared to protect that stash. If you don't have a weapon or know how to use one, now would be the time. Find someone to teach you gun safety. I was hunting at ten and was very safety conscious. My children took the NRA gun safety course so they would be familiar with weapons. If you are still uncomfortable with guns after that, leave that to others and be useful elsewhere.
Learn how to grow your own food organically. It really isn't that hard. In fact gardening is very healthy, even for the elderly. You just have to pace yourself and move a little slower. While you are at it, find a source for heirloom seeds and guard them with your life. Purchase hand tools for gardening and household repair. If you don't have a source for meat, eggs and milk, set that up now. I have a friend who has a milk cow and chickens. I can trade Reiki, hypnosis sessions, baked products and all kinds of clothing for produce. I buy honey locally and of course, hit all the farmers markets in our general area besides maintaining our own garden.
My doctor and her husband raise beef, bison and elk and have a store at the edge of town. You'd better believe I patronize that place. I know the animals are raised on grass and are clean from drugs. Our local discount grocery store (No, not Walmart) carries grass-fed beef, along with other healthier products. When you find a great source for good food, spread the word to help out others and keep the source in business. I believe the time will come when people will be trading services for food. Keep that in mind as you set up your storage area. Also, I rarely use sugar but I buy a bag every time it goes on sale. Since there is no food value in it, it doesn't go bad. Storing gold and silver is fine but if there is no food to buy, you can't eat it. Extra food will be great bartering items.
At this point, I'm not totally convinced that all wheat is bad, although I eat very little bread. A loaf would last my husband and I a month if it could stay good for that long. But to those who say early man didn't eat grain, I would have to point out that some form of bread has been the mainstay for most people all over the world for thousands of years. And when the 5000 year old Iceman's stomach contents were analyzed, they found meat, grain and some fruit. As I've long suspected early man ate whatever he could find to eat that didn't eat him first. They might not have grown grain in any quantity until they stopped roaming and built more permanent settlements, but they did consume grain. Granted it wasn't genetically modified But I have yet to see any Amish with 'wheat belly'. So I buy my cereal/grains and flour products from them
And while I'm on the subject of the Amish, think about how you would live if you were transported back to the 1800's. If the grid would go down you would need to get very creative in a hurry. Why wait till then? Look at each thing that you do whether household chores, gardening, home repair, shopping etc. Do you have the hand tools to take care of your family? If not, while things are still relatively calm would be a good time to purchase them. The only thing I don't have is a push mower and a neat yard is the last thing I will be concerned about if things go to hell. Besides there's a farmer who raises pigmy goats nearby. A small animal hobbled in my yard that can mow, fertilize and provide milk sounds like a great deal to me. I certainly know how to milk.
If there are any old time Amish or Mennonite in your area, I would be picking their brains to see how they survive without electricity and cars. While you may not be able to purchase a horse and buggy, most people can manage a bicycle. Get baskets for them. How do these people wash clothes? How do they heat their homes in the winter? I already know how they take care of most medical issues because that's where I buy a lot of my herbs and other homemade remedies. Really study how these people live, raising their own food and preserving it. Working together as a community to not only survive but thrive. If you think about it, though we've become spoiled to our modern lifestyle, it wasn't all that long ago that everyone lived that way.
I'm going to enjoy the conveniences that I have for as long as I have them, but I am well prepared to live without them as well. I had the advantage of living like that for a year deep in the Southern Ozarks.
My first husband and I lived in a tar paper shack with no electricity or running water. I carried water in two ten gallon milk cans, boiled it on a little two burner w/oven camping stove. Washed our clothes by hand and hung them on a clothesline. I got very creative on how to get by without modern conveniences. And I had been raised fairly wealthy and had never done without anything in my life though I grew up working on a farm. You can learn.
Of course we were young, but it really was a fun experience only marred once by my forgetting to turn off the gas, lighting the oven and blowing my eyebrows and eyelashes off. You'd be amazed at how funny you look without them. But even at my advanced age now, I still prefer hand tools when gardening or cooking and baking. I have the electric appliances but seldom use them. And I can work rings around my 26 year old son. I have a theory that hard work is what keeps you in good shape, not sitting in front of an X-BOX with a controller in your hands all day only exercising your thumbs!
Strangely enough after the Ozark living, my daughter and I having moved back to my hometown and still lived very simply. I found a nice apartment in a quiet neighborhood with a backyard for growing vegetables. We lived there for seven years without a car, phone or TV by choice. We had our bicycles with saddlebags and front baskets we went grocery shopping with. I did a lot of canning and preserving, washed our clothes in a little electric washer and hung them on a line outside in good weather and in the basement in winter. We spent a lot of time together, played cards and board games and read a lot. Spent a lot of time at the local library. Explored the town and surrounding countryside on foot or bike. She told me not long ago that those were the happiest years of her life. She is attempting to recreate that lifestyle in her small town.
Have fun with this as you and your family brainstorm ideas on survival living. If you are lucky enough to have a cabin in the woods somewhere, that would be perfect. But even if you just go camping on weekends, you are ahead of the game because you'll know how to exist off the grid. I have a washer and dryer I intend to use as long for as I can but I also have a couple of fiberglass tubs and new clotheslines when needed. I have a huge crock in the basement that will keep butter, eggs and milk good for a while. Get some camping stoves and some propane while they are still available. Remember to turn off the gas when done.
While things are still relatively quiet, increase your knowledge of survivalist living. I have books on gardening, saving seeds, canning, drying food and animal husbandry should I need it. I have a friend who makes soap and candles, although my husband says I have enough candles, matches and lighters for most of my town. I also purchased several oil lamps and bottles of oil.
A few years ago our electricity went out due to an ice storm. My husband and I were perfectly content. I could still cook food on our gas stove and we had hot water due to having the older hot water heater with a pilot light instead of electronic starter. I put the candles and oil lamps to good use in the evening. My son and his wife who live in the same building went into withdrawal without their 'toys'. I reintroduced them to card and board games, not to mention books! At least they know if the Grid goes down for a long time, they will be all right as long as they live within walking distance from Mom.
If the Grid goes down or the financial system collapses, the government won't be able to help you. They'll be too busy trying to preserve their own worthless hides. There will probably be total chaos in big cities. Roving bands of thugs looking to take what you have stored will be common. Don't leave yourself vulnerable. Learn how to protect yourself and what you have stored. Partner with your neighbors and share what you have. Remember, you have to sleep sometime. Someone will always have to be on guard.
Now is the time to stock up on medicine, especially life saving meds that you take daily. Buy them from overseas or get your friendly doctor to write scripts for more than you will use right now. Get some books on natural healing or healing with herbs and the household products you already have. I have stored lots of hydrogen peroxide, witch hazel, Epsom salts, vinegar, baking soda, bleach and lots more. I have a surgical kit and experience working with farm animals well enough to clean and stitch wounds if necessary. It would also be beneficial to have a doctor close by that you can rely on for emergencies you can't handle at home. There are some great survival books on the market. I have most of them.
As for 'Obama coming to take your food' it looks to me like he has enough on his plate already without worrying about what I have stored for survival. If the military storms your house and takes what you have, there isn't a lot you can do about it. Although you can look for lots of Ruby Ridges and Wacos to happen all over the country if they do. I have more faith in the regular people in the Guard, regular military and even the alphabet agencies. The top people may be part of the Cabal but I don't believe most of the rank and file are. I believe these people will remember that they have friends and family too. And they took an oath to protect the Constitution and all enemies foreign and domestic. And when push comes to shove I believe they will know where their best chances of survival are. And it isn't with the people who set this system up to fail in the first place.
Yes, I know what happened during Katrina. But that was a warning to the population not to be so complacent and to the Guard/military not to let themselves be used by TPTB. Local law enforcement will have to decide at that time if they will also honor their oath of service or allow themselves to be used as hammers on the people they swore to protect and defend. If you have a constitutional sheriff, back him and his deputies up fully. They will be your first line of defense when things get ugly.
I believe we can come through a crash and rebuild but the trick is to survive the disaster in the first place and be as comfortable as possible during the worst time. Good luck and get to brainstorming.

No comments: